Temporary new opening hours: Our kitchen is open 7 days a week until 11 pm. Monday to Thursday the kitchen is open from 4 p.m. and Friday, Saturday and Sunday continuously for (late) lunch. View the menu here.
You can make a reservation right at the bottom or call: 0031 (0) 204003210. You can of course also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. And you can find us at: Haarlemmerstraat 9, 1013 EH Amsterdam (a 5-minute walk from Amsterdam Central Station)
Looking for a place to dine with a group? We’ve got the perfect place for you! In the beautiful wine cellar of Chabrol Wines next door, we can provide you at private table for 10 guests. Please contact us for availability and options
We’re looking forward welcoming you in our Bistrot!
In addition to our dinner, we are one of the few establishments in the center of Amsterdam to serve “warm lunch”. The menu consists of French classic dishes, making use of the season and availability of products. All snacks and dishes at “Neuf” are traditional and without fuss.
The name Bistro or Bistrot comes from Russian. It means Fast or Fast! Russian Cossacks who occupied Paris after Napoleon’s defeat in 1815 thus urged the castles to speed up their order: Bystrò! The French soldiers returned penniless from the eastern front. They brought the idea for an unpretentious eatery from Russia. Until then, France only had restaurants for the well-to-do bourgeoisie.
At Bistrot Neuf you can choose to spend an entire evening enjoying our lovely wine and food, cozy atmosphere and kind staff, as well as to stop by for a quick delicious bite.
We are very proud to announce that Bistrot Neuf was awarded in the 2017 Michelin guide, recognizing our high levels of comfort, decor and service that we provide to our customers. And we are also thrilled to have been included since 2014 in the Gault & Millau.
– Guests are always welcome for a drink, a small snack or an extensive dinner. Unfortunately, we cannot offer this service as you are used to during this period. In order to work safely, reservations are required in advance and we will work with time shifts.
You can drink almost 80 wines by the glass and we have more than 250 types of wines in house.
– Are you looking for a wine that you cannot find on the menu? Step into our neighbours Chabrol; they have everything you are looking for and that can be drunk in Neuf.
– Bistrot Neuf is centrally located, right in the center. Do you have to catch the plane? Amsterdam Central station is a 5-minute walk away and the train to Schiphol takes 15 minutes.
– Bistrot Neuf is located in one of the nicest streets in Amsterdam, the Haarlemmerstraat. Here you will find all kinds of unique clothing stores, boutiques and eateries where you can enjoy yourself all afternoon.
– The Neuf team is always looking forward to it; they work with a lot of love for the profession and every day they strive for the best for the guest.
Robert Peppelenbos is the co-founder of Bistrot Neuf. He’s also the owner of restaurant Nobo and (catering) company CulinairExpert. His broad knowledge often leads to companies and individuals asking his advice on anything from sustainability and vegetarian food to customer relations. His great organisational skills, deep love for authentic food make him a leader in his field.
Chef Pascal Tooms is the head of our classic kitchen and for the past 25 years he’s been working in the French cuisine. Along with his passionate Sous-chef Tom Buysse, they push the limits of their creativity, with great commitment for the highest food quality as well as a stable and motivated team.